Single Use Support
Single Use Support provides innovative fluid management products and services around single-use technologies for the pharmaceutical industry. Our solutions reduce product loss of liquid substances for the biopharmaceutical market towards 0%.
With our proven experience we provide partners with fast and professional solutions including sterile single-use consumables, platform systems and end-to-end process solutions. Our product range includes bioprocess containers, single-use assemblies, protective single-use bag shells (RoSS® Shell), Freeze & Thaw Platforms, Fill & Drain Platforms, Ultra-Cold Storage Freezers, Trackable Cold-Chain Shipping Boxes and more.
Single Use Support is headquartered in Austria, Europe, and has a subsidiary in the United States. In addition, we are operating on a global scale with a close network of distributors and partners. As of 2022, the team has grown to more than 140 employees and is constantly growing.
Vision and mission statement
It is and always has been one of humankind’s biggest endeavors to prolong life by staying healthy, to improve quality of life, reduce child mortality and the number of terminal illnesses.
After many years of working in this industry with its unbelievable options, we started discovering weak points in the manufacturing and logistics processes. On a regular basis, entire shipments of vital and high-quality substances become useless due to faulty containers, contamination, disruptions of the cold chain, or simply because of inappropriate handling.
We have taken up the massive challenge to devise and implement an entire process for a globally organized industry, to make it ready for market – in short: contribute our part in the quest for prolonging life.
In order to achieve our goal, we had to rethink current processes in the pharmaceutical industry and pioneer innovations around single-use technologies. With our game-changing sterile consumables, platform systems and process solutions, we optimize a whole industry by building upon existing and established technology.
“We pioneer innovative solutions around single-use technologies in the Biopharma market to increase patient safety.”
“Improving quality of life and human health by providing entire products & services that eradicate deficiencies in the pharmaceutical liquid transfer.”
Member of Biophorum
Bob Brooks, Supply Partner Phorum Leader: “We are delighted that a relatively new supplier company from Austria joins the collaboration. It's great to see them already growing and expanding, and wanting to do it in the right way, aligned to the biomanufacturers' needs with help from BioPhorum.”
Ecovadis Sustainability Rating
We fullfill the requirements of the EcoVadis Sustainability Rating. EcoVadis offers the leading solution for monitoring sustainability in global supply chains. With innovative technology and sustainability expertise, they help companies develop and implement sustainable business practices.
Single Use Support founders Johannes Kirchmair and Thomas Wurm decided to combine their experiences gained in international single-use technology sales in the biopharma industry with the aim to find the right solutions.
„It was no longer tolerable for me that some of the biggest pharmaceutical players on the globe could not solve obvious problems by their own efforts. This developed into an ever-growing challenge to find solutions ourselves.”Johannes Kirchmair
- 100 Employees are on board with Single Use Support.
- Opening of 2nd location in Hall in Tyrol
- Single Use Assembly Center inaugurated
Within shortest time SUSupport has enlarged its expertise and has started to build facilities in Kufstein to manufacture its own sterile consumables.
„What a start of the year this was!”Thomas Wurm, Owner & Founder
- Danaher becomes the new minority investor and strategic partner of Single Use Support.
- We are very proud to be the winner of the "GEWINN Young Entrepreneur Awards 2020"
- We are now counting 60 employees which means that the staff size has tripled within one year.
- Single Use Support is growing more than ever, both in turnover and employees: to date, we are counting 55 employees and aim at an annual turnover of 40 million EUR. Compared to 2019, this is a growth rate of approx. 1300%.
- More than 30,000 RoSS shells and more than 15,000 RoSS.KSET has been produced in 2020 – still counting
- We are entering the Indian Market
- The technologies of Single Use Support have been applied for the management of potential vaccines against Covid-19.
- Introduction of SEED.STREAM: single-use technologies help to take a shortcut in Biopharma upstream manufacturing process and boost the next generation of seed train intensification
„In Q2, we have broken new paths in many ways!”Thomas Wurm, Owner & Founder
- The team now includes 30 employees, who continue to raise their ambitious goals and process our customers’ current orders.